Friday, May 9, 2014

MakeupBag: Brushes. Part One: Face Brushes



You can have the best makeup products in the world but if you don't have the right tools to apply these products then you're like an artist with paint and no paintbrushes. Each brush has its own job and while you don't NEED every single one, as you build up your collection you'll wonder how you ever did your makeup without them.

My top favorite brushes are by Sigma. They are an online company (they are starting a few free standing stores in LA and NY) and their brushes are GREAT quality for a decent price. They are almost always running a 10% off promo and if you spend more then $30 they send you a brush for free! I bought my first set almost two years ago and they are still going strong.

Two other brands I like are MAC and Real Techniques. MAC can only be found at MAC counters which are in stores like Macys and Nordstrom. Real Techniques are sold at Ulta and some Targets. Often Ulta will do a promo where if you buy one you'll get the second for half off!

This post got SUPER long when I was writing it all out so I'm gonna break it down into three different posts. Face Brushes, Eye Brushes, and then my "Top Seven" brushes out of those.

In the following pictures the Sigma ones that are blue and pink are from the "Mrs. Bunny" set which is a set of travel sized brushes. They are the exact same as the regular ones only the handles are a bit shorter. A set like this is an awesome place to start.

Mrs Bunny Travel Set ($75)

You can click each of the names of the brushes and it will take you straight to the websites where they are sold!


First of all the face brushes! Starting from Left to Right:

-Sigma F40 Large Angled Contour ($19)
I use this brush for applying my bronzer. Its perfectly contoured so it puts it exactly where I want it. It also works great for blush.

Sigma F80 Flat Top Kabuki ($21)
This is the only brush I will use for my foundation. It gives an airbrushed finish, is incredibly soft and I LOVE it. This is actually Sigma's best selling brush!

-Real Techniques Expert Face ($8.99)
Another great brush for bronzer and I also love using this for my powder foundation. This is another good option for liquid foundation but its not as good as the Sigma one.

-Real Techniques Blush Brush ($8.99)
Amazing brush for blush! Its tapered on the end so its easy to get a precise application and blend it out. Plus, the price is right!

-Sigma F30 Large Powder ($24)
I love this one for blending everything together once I'm finished with all my face products. Its also great for an all over face powder.

-Sigma F86 Tapered Kabuki ($21)
Perfect for blending out conceler under the eyes. Again, so SOFT!

-Sigma F35 Tapered Highlighter ($21)
Just like the name says, it puts highlighter on beautifully. The perfect size for dusting highligher on your cheekbones.


And that is it for Face brushes, next up eye brushes!





No comments:

Post a Comment