Monday, May 5, 2014

LipStickLove: Bright vs. Neutral


When you've got a basic eye look going on there are two choices for lip color, a bright fun color or a more wearable neutral tone. I think every girl needs both these types of colors in their makeup bag. One "your lips but better" color and another that is just all kinds of fun.
Two of my current favorites are Sephora's Radiant Orchard Lipstick which is a SUPER bright pop of color that I have a whole blog post dedicated too cuz I love it so much and Mac's Angel lipstick which is almost exactly the color of my lips.






I think these two pictures really show the difference between a bright lip and a neutral one. I have all the same exact makeup on, just my lips are different. Well, and my hair because in the first picture I just had it up in a bun and the second one I had actually done something to it. 


Another great tip when it comes to lip color is to layer two lipsticks or glosses on top of each other for a brand new color. If you're a little scared to go straight to the super bright color, put that one on first and then layer either a light lip gloss or a neutral lipstick over it. 

Which look do you like better? 
Are you more of a classic girl or do you love to rock those bright colors.
 Step out of your comfort zone and try the opposite of what you normally go for, you might be surprised!



No comments:

Post a Comment