Tuesday, June 3, 2014

DrugstoreDupes: L'oreal's Amber Rush vs. Mac's Tan Pigment



Jaclyn Hill used Amber Rush in one of her tutorials and I thought it looked so beautiful. It retails for around $8 at most drugstores but after she put it in her video it was sold out everywhere. I finally found it at Walmart and had to pick it up!

This is a loose pigment type eyeshadow so it packs more of a punch then a normal shadow. Its a stunning shimmery shade.

As I started to play around with it I realized I had something very similar in my collection. Mac's Tan Pigment! Now Mac's Tan retails for $21 and its not something the average women would go out and buy so finding a drugstore dupe is awesome!


Tan is on top and Amber Rush on the bottom. They look very different in this picture but I think it was the way the lighting was hitting them.

I wore Amber Rush on one eye and Tan on the other and could barely tell a difference. Tan is a bit lighter and cooler and Amber Rush has a tiny bit of a pink tone to it. They are both BEAUTIFUL and long lasting. I wore a primer underneath as always and didn't get any creasing.


Two notes if you want try this shadow out. Use a flat shader brush like one of these to apply it. Make sure to tap off any excess shadow on the brush before apply and use a patting motion for the best color.


Don't throw away the little plastic things that come with the product. They look like this and keep the pigment in place.


Give this shadow and try and let me know what you think!




No comments:

Post a Comment