Wednesday, March 26, 2014

LipStick Love: The Color of the Year - Radiant Orchid.

                                                                                                         

 The other day I was in Sephora, okay lets be real, when I am not in Sephora? I saw one of the girls that worked there had a GORGEOUS lip color on. She was talking to another girl about how that color would launch tomorrow. Well, since I had just returned a few items and had a bunch of store credit you better believe I was going to come back the next day. And when I did I discovered THE COLOR OF THE YEAR. I'm not sure if this is just a clever marketing ploy, actually I'm pretty sure that is exactly what it is but I don't care one bit because I am loving this color. It's called Radiant Orchid and its all kinds of beautiful.



It comes in the coolest packaging, a white box with a transparent cover. It's just kind of nestled in there. I'm such a sucker for cute packaging, but who isn't!? This is marketed as a "matte" lip color but I think I would say it has more of a satin finish. In fact, I was just reading the description on Sephora's website and that's exactly what it said "a satin finish". Why in the world is it called a matte color!?  

The lipstick packaging is really cute also, it has a magnetic closure and is rectangle shaped which makes it stand out from most lipsticks. I also love the white to purple ombre on the outside and the silver tube on the inside.

It looks beautiful on its own or layered with a gloss. I do wish it was a bit more long wearing, I find myself having to reapply throughout the day but its not a deal breaker for me. I just looked on the website again and it says it has an: "all-day wear that rivals the lasting power of a lip stain." 
No. 
Just no. Its doesn't.
 Stop lying. 


The full name of this lipstick is: Sephora + Pantone Universe Radiant Rush Matte Lipstick ($18) (that's a mouthful!) Its sold out on the website right now but might still be available in store. I do think its worth going and picking up if you're a fan of bright colors and limited edition products. I love both so this is right up my ally.




So there ya have it, color of the year gets a stamp of approval from me! (Even though I DO think the description is misleading) When I wear colors like this it makes me think spring will come along and then summer right behind. Wishful thinking I know...


No comments:

Post a Comment