Monday, March 10, 2014

Haulage: A little trip to Sephora, Mac & Ulta


A day off always makes me want to shop! And today was no exception. I went to the mall with the plan of buying NO makeup and just some cute spring clothes. Four hours later I walked out with a little bag full of makeup and NO clothes. Such is the life of a beauty junkie.

I started off at Ulta looking for the NYX HD concealer. Apparently this is an extremely popular product because they only had four left and none of them were my shade. I also debated on the green correcter but after trying out the tester I put it back. Of course I had to wander around Ulta for an hour or so "just looking". In the end I picked out the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion.

I'm excited to try this product out. You're supposed to dip a qtip in the bottle and apply the product at night to any pimples you feel coming on. It says it will make them disappear as well as help prevent them from spreading. If this works I will be super happy cuz I've been having SUCH issues with my skin. I love the cute little glass bottle it comes in. ($17)

After that I knew I wanted to head to Macys to check out the Mac counter. I had my eye on the Eye Kohl in Costa Riche. Jaclyn Hill had mentioned and used it in one of her makeup tutorials and I fell in love with its warm brown tone. She also said Kim Kardashian's makeup artist uses it so I mean, come on who doesn't want their makeup to look as flawless as Kim's? I asked about the shade and was told they were sold out BUT they had just gotten an order in and they might have it in the back! She came out a few minutes later with this beauty.

I put this on when I got back out the car, just on my waterline and ohhhhh man, it is GORGEOUS! I will get a TON of use outta this one. ($16)

Ok, then I was gonna go home, I really was. But out of the corner of my eye, as I walked past JCPenny I saw THERE WAS A SEPHORA INSIDE! I had never been inside that Sephora so I mean, I had to go see what they had right?! I spotted a few brands that my normal Sephora didn't have. I swatched the Becca highlighter in Moonstone (beautiful) the new Buxom foundation (on my wish list now) and wandered around browsing to my hearts content.

 I finally decided on trying out the Bare Minerals Original Foundation. I've been wanting something to wear on those days where I don't want a full face of makeup but still want some coverage and it looked promising.

 The packaging on this is cool, theres a little sifter inside and you're supposed to shake a little bit out into the cap and then swirl a brush inside, tap off the excess and apply it. I'm so exited to try this out! I might also use it in my tzone over my regular liquid foundation (Mac's Face and Body) just to help it stay put. ($27)

And on my way out the little travel sized bins caught my eye and I picked up this set:
You get five mini rollerballs for $18. Detailed review on these is coming, but let me just say, one of them is my new favorite scent.

Lastly I picked out a few things with my Sephora VIB points. For once the things I wanted to try were actually there and not already all taken! Woohoo for this Sephora. 
 These were each 100 point perks. 
First lets talk about the Naked Lip gloss in LoveChild.
 Is this not the cutest little baby lip gloss ever!? I have never seen such a small lipgloss in my life but I love its tinyness. I tried it on and it seemed a bit minty at first which I don't like in a lipgloss but the minty feeling went away after a few mins. Its a pretty natural color with a nice glossiness too it. 
I thought about getting a full size of one of the new Naked Glosses but they are HUGE. They just seem so oversized for a lipgloss.
I have been dying to try the Anastasia Clear Brow Gel but I think the full size is around $20 and that just seems like way to much to me. So I will try out this little guy and see what the hype is about. I am currently using the Maybelline Clear Mascara for my brows and its working ok but we shall see if this one is better! 

And so I have some new products to play with...and no new clothes. Typical. 


No comments:

Post a Comment