Thursday, March 13, 2014

Style Haul: Updating Your Wardrobe, Without Breaking the Bank


This time of year I always get the itch to update my wardrobe. Its spring, there are good sales and I"m done with winter fashion.(Actually I'm done with all things winter.) But at the same time I don't have an unlimited budget(who does?) and I can't go buy a whole new wardrobe just because I'm over winter. So whats a girl to do? Well here is my style tip for you all:

         The best way to update your closet is to get things that will
                                                                                   go well with the clothes you already have! 

The other day one of my coworkers commented that I must have a ton of clothes because I'm always wearing different outfits. I told her "not really, its just most of my clothes go together really well so there are more outfit possibilities." When you're out shopping don't just get things you like, get things you know will go well with what you have. Stick to neutral colors when you're looking to do a bit of updating and everything will most likely work together. So keeping that in mind, here's what I picked up.


I love these types of sweaters because they are lightweight, can be worn over so many tank tops or shirts and they add a bit of style to every outfit. I found this one at Windsor and it was $18.90. I love that its black and white which makes it very versatile and I love the loose flowy fit. 


I found this grey and white sweater for 50% off at Express. I think this with a white tee and some colorful jewelry will be perfect for spring.


Another awesome 50% off find at Express, this animal print sweater will be easy to dress up for work or dress down for a day of running errands. 


Like I said I love these flowy type sweaters and this one is made of super thin material which will carry over to spring and summer very well. Its a light tan color so it will go with EVERYTHING. I'll get tons of use out of this and the best part? I found it for $11 at Macy's!


This tank top from Windsor is probably my favorite thing out everything I got. I love the crochet/lace detail. This type of look is everywhere this spring. There are so many shirts and shorts with this detail. Its so delicate and feminine. I saw something very similar in Express but it was $44 so that wasn't happening. When I saw this one at Windsor and saw it was only $18.90 into the dressing room it went and then right into my bag. Love.


Now this shirt has nothing to do with updating your wardrobe but how cute is it!? I got it for a sleeping or "bum around the house" shirt and it was THREE BUCKS at Macy's. Winning.


While at Express I saw they were running a "buy one pair of jeans and get the other for $29.90" sale. I love the fit of Express jeans but they are $80!! I had in mind that I wanted a pair of gray pants and a pair of army green ones. I discovered these two which fit the bill perfectly. I had a $60 off your $150 purchase coupon so the pants with the two sweaters ended up being right around $100! That's $25 each. And that makes me (and my wallet) happy happy.


These are the Stella low rise pants. I have them in black and tan as well and LOVE them. They have such a soft fabric and my other ones have lasted me through an entire year (and I wear them all the time). I think these with the lacy top I got from Windsor will look awesome together. The contrast of the feminine top mixed with the army green bottoms will be perfect.


These are the mid rise Mia ankle jean legging. They are technically jeans but look more like pants. I like the mid rise alot better then the low rise. They have some destruction which almost made me not get them but its very subtle so I figured it'd be okay. A pair of gray pants has been on my wish list for quite a while now so I was super glad to find these. And the fit is perfect!



I want to put up some outfit of the day posts so stay tuned to see how I style these pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment