Monday, April 28, 2014

Deals and Steals: Jordana Products, Good or Bad?


I've heard about these two Jordana products on Youtube videos for awhile now and always wondered if they even worked. 
The Best Lash Extreme Volumizing Mascara is under $4 and the FabuLiner is under $3. I bought mine at Walgreens. 
So if they work, then that is awesome because they are super decently priced and easily accessible. So to test them out I put together this makeup look and wore it in a hot kitchen serving soup. No, really that is what I did. And then the next day to the salon all day running around doing peoples hair.


Lets start with the mascara. The wand is very firm and doesn't have much give to it. While I was putting it on I felt like it was pulling my eyelashes a bit, which I do NOT like. 



I did two coats and my lashes looked decent. A good amount of length a good amount of volume and they were very black. But when I went in for a third coat I regretted it right away. My lashes became clumpy. NOOOO!!
Also, I could FEEL this on my lashes, it wasn't like my holy grail Too Faced Better Then Sex Mascara that feels like nothing on your lashes. Even throughout the day it felt hard on my lashes and I like them to be soft and fluffy. My husband who hardly ever comments on my makeup asked my why my lashes were so clumpy so that is not a good sign. 
I found when I went to remove this mascara it didn't want to come off very nicely and you know how you can get that leftover mascara in your eyes the next morning? That happened every time I wore this. Even when I thought I had washed it all off!



Those things are the cons of this mascara. There are pros also! I did try just two coats another day and liked how it came out better. The clumps were avoided and there was no smudging or flaking throughout the day. And its under five bucks at the drugstore. Can't beat that! I would say this is a good one for every day use for someone who wants their lashes just a bit better but isn't looking for crazy volume or length. I give it 3.5 stars out of 5. I just totally made up those points I don't have a points system or anything like that.



Now the liner. My favorite liner ever is the Maybelline one that I have a whole post raving about. This one is a felt tip one as well AND its about half the price of the Maybelline one. The tip is a bit thicker and not as soft as my Maybelline liner so when I first looked at it I got a bit worried.


There was no reason to be worried. It still created a nice thin line where I wanted it too. It was super black, didn't smudge and lasted all day. This liner gets a HUGE thumbs up from me. I do like the Maybelline one better still because I feel its slightly easier to work with and I like how it is softer but this one is right up there as far as top eyeliners go.



All in all these are two products that are going to stay in my makeup bag. And two huge steals as far as the price goes. Next time you're at Walgreens pick them both up for under ten bucks and let me know how they work for you!







No comments:

Post a Comment