Monday, April 14, 2014

Styles for the Busy Girl: How To Do Your Makeup in 10 Minutes

Back when I still lived at home I would watch the show What Not To Wear with my Mom and little sister. The makeup artist on the show would tell women how to do their makeup in a super fast way because they all complained they didn't have enough time. 
I will never forget the day that my little sister asked me to do my "ten minute face" because she wanted me to hurry up and come play with her. I think she was maybe eight or so at the time. (that's you Julie!) 

This is the look I go to when I don't feel like doing my makeup, or I literally only have ten minutes and I have to be out the door. I also like it on days that I'm going for the "no-makeup" look. I want everything to look polished and pretty but not like I'm wearing a full face of makeup. I timed myself when I was doing this and it took me EXACTLY 20 minutes and that was including stopping at every step to take pictures. So I am pretty positive it would be super easy to do in ten minutes or less.

Let's start with the finished look first. 
See, how it looks like I just have great skin and bright eyes naturally? Its all an illusion ;)


Here are of the all the products being used today. Most of them can be found in my "Top Ten" list of makeup that every girl needs. As always start off by priming those eyes! We are only going to be using three shadows but we want those shadows to last all day long. 
Next, using a fluffy crease brush apply a shadow that is one or two shades darker then your skin tone into your crease. This will give you just a bit of depth to your eye but it won't be anything dramatic. I'm using "Buck" from the Naked palette.
See how its just a bit darker? The beauty of using a color like this is that you don't need to blend like crazy, just put it on there, blend it out a tiny bit, and that's it. Super fast.

Next take a light shimmery color and apply it to the rest of the lid with a flat shader brush. I'm using the color "Sin".

 Then add a brown eyeliner into the lash line. Just smudge it in there, you don't have to do anything precise. This makes your lashes look thicker and your eyes look more awake but is faster and more natural then using black.



Next up, two coats of your favorite mascara. I always do two coats even if I'm in a hurry because I like really full black lashes.


That's it for the eyes, now lets focus on the face. I always do my eyes first in case there is any fallout from the shadows or I mess up my mascara. That way I can fix it without messing up my entire face.Doing your makeup in the same order every time will be the fastest because you will just kind of automatically do it and not even have to think. 


Got to cover up those "blemishes". I'm using my Nars Creamy Concealer. I love this one because it has great coverage as well as an awesome applicator. I apply it to my face and then blend it out with my fingers.
Now, apply a lightweight foundation all over your face. Today I'm using the Bare Minerals Original
Foundation which I really like for a more natural look.


After that its onto the eyebrows. DON'T SKIP THIS STEP! It makes a world of difference. Check out my eyebrow post for more details on this step. Now lets add some blush. This is one of my all time favorite blushes. Its the Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso. It has great pigmentation, is a beautiful peachy color and gives an amazing glow to the skin. And its from the drugstore so its around $8. A steal!



Of course its important to make weird faces as you apply it. Its so strange trying to take pictures of yourself while applying makeup....ANYWAYS. Add a coat of mascara to the bottom lashes, and a bit of a highlight to your brow bone.



The very last thing (which you can even do in the car if you're REALLY late) is to throw on a light colored lip gloss. You don't want to be messing around with a dark color or even lipstick if you're rushing, lip gloss is very forgiving if you miss a spot or apply a bit too much.


And there ya have it! Ten minutes and a more polished version of yourself!



No comments:

Post a Comment