Monday, April 7, 2014

Newbies: Makeup Goodies, My Thoughts on Some Brand New Products





One of my favorite things to do is try out new products! There are always so many claims that products make and most of the time they are not all the way true. Not to mention the price! I don't mind paying a bit more if the product really does what it says, but if its costing me an arm and leg and then it doesn't work that is a different story. I love buying from places like Ulta and Sephora because they have awesome return policies so I feel safe that if I don't like something, it can go back without a problem. So lets take a look at some of the new products that I've picked up over the past month or so.



This is a brand new just released palette from Too Faced. I love many of their products and ALWAYS love the packaging, so cute! I saw this display at my Ulta and thought it would be perfect for summer. Its the "A La Mode Eyes" Palette and it comes in an adorable little magnetic tin.

Here are the colors swatched on my hand. I was draw to the bright pink color and I also liked all the neutral choices including that beautiful copper color. 








This is kind of random but most of Too Faced eyeshadow palettes come with an eye chart that will show you different looks you can try. Is it just me or are these eyes the creepiest things ever?!
Anyways, I wanted to love this palette, I really did but I found the colors not very pigmented, not long wearing and didn't transfer to the eyes true to the colors in the pan. When I got home I discovered that I had many other colors very similar and BETTER in my collection and experienced a lot of fallout with the shadows. And at THIRTY-SIX dollars I expected these shadows to rock my world. They failed completely so back to Ulta they went.



There was a special running at Ulta that day where if you spent more then 25$ on Too Faced products you got this "Reality Star Favorites" set for free. It came with the "Better Then Sex" mascara (scandalous!) and the "Shadow Insurance" Primer. This is one of the reasons I love Ulta, they are always running sales and free products. Although the eyeshadow palette was a total fail these products are AWESOME. I have tried both of them before and was super happy to get these mini sizes for free. An eye primer is a must and this mascara is my top favorite (except for the fact that it smears under my eyes, I can't figure out how to make it stop doing that! But it gives me volume, length and beautiful lashes so I can deal with fixing it throughout the day)



I've been on the hunt for a great daytime and night moisturizer and decided to try these two guys out. I'm feeling like my skin needs a little help with anti aging since I'm almost 30. Ok, I'm not really....I'll be 27 next week but still, your late 20s is when you need to start preventing those wrinkles.
 I LOVE this Neutrogena Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Night cream ($14.99). As you can see I've already used the top part. I like the tube it comes it, its kinda like a toothpaste tube and you can fold it down as you go. It leaves my skin super soft and hydrated. I use the after cleansing my face every night and so far so good! 
However, on the other end, this Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturizer that I wanted to use during the day is no good for me. It actually made my skin burn! Not how you want your skin to feel when you're trying to moisturize! And since this was $18 it had to go back.



Lastly, a Sephora find! I'm not sure if this a new product, I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think it was put in a different place in the store and so it caught my eye. Tricky, tricky Sephora. This is the Buxom Full On Lip Cream in Purple Haze. ($19) (Such a fancy name, they can't just call it lip gloss?)




I almost didn't get this because I don't like tingling lip glosses but the color was just so pretty and unlike anything I have I decided to try it on my lips and once I did I was sold! I had some store credit from some other things I had returned that I wasn't using so that's how I justified the hefty price tag. I also love the packaging of this product with the frosted glass and it is a LARGE lip gloss so it will last forever.

So there we have it, some hits, some misses and a more makeup savey Sam. 


No comments:

Post a Comment