Tuesday, June 10, 2014

MakeupBag : Highlighters : My Favorites and How To Apply

One of my all time favorite products is highlighters! No, not these kinds.

Ones for your face!



There are five spots where the highlight should be placed. Hitting these spots with a beautiful shimmery shade will give your face a gorgeous glow, make your eyes big and bright, and help your cheekbones to POP!

1.Tops of the cheekbones
2. Down the center of the nose
3. Inner corner of the eye
4. Top of the browbone
5. Right above your lip (cupids bow)



Some of my favorite highlighters are:

-Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic [this one actually works best over a blush as an all over shimmery shade. I also like using the four different colors as eye shadows, so its a double duty product!]

















-Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in "Moonstone". [beautiful soft shimmer that is so buttery and smooth. I also want to try Opal which I've heard is amazing as well.]








-Mac Soft and Gentle. [perfect neutral shimmer. Not to white or pink. Perfectly in between. I love the glow from within this one gives.]




And for a great drugstore option! Hard Candy "Bronzer" in Tiki. I put bronzer in quotes because this is no where NEAR a bronzer, I don't know why its sold as that. You can find this at Walmart for under ten bucks! Its not as creamy and buttery and smooth as the other highlighters but it does the job and its the best one I've found at the drugstore. It has a bit more of a golden sheen to it.

Here are some swatches of each highlighter compared to each other to help you figure out which one might suit you the best!


Top- Laura Mercier Shimmer Bloc in Peach Mosaic
2nd- Becca Shimmering Skin Perfecter in Moonstone
3rd- Hard Candy "Bronzer" in Tiki
Last- Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Soft and Gentle


Try out a bit of highlight and see how it brightens your face. I bet you'll love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment