Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Style: Outfit Of The Day: Finding Inspiration


We've all been there, our closet is full but we have nothing to wear!
When you get stuck in a style rut here is one of my best tips: look for style inspiration, then buy similar things.
For me, it was this outfit above. 
I came across it online one day and LOVED it.
I already had some of the pieces and figured the rest couldn't be too hard to find.
So here's what I ended up with!



Now there are alot of differences between her outfit and mine.
 Her shorts are ivory and crochet, mine are white and an eyelet pattern. Her shirt is navy and mine is black, I'm not carrying a big orange clutch and my necklace is gold but not a big triangle.... BUT that's what using an outfit for inspiration is all about. 
Take what you see and change it up a bit to make it similar but not exactly the same.



Chambray shirt: Nordstrom (already had from last fall. you guys must be sick of this shirt, I wore it in a past outfit of the day, but I just love it! It goes with everything)

Basic Black tee: Old Navy (bought for five bucks)

White Shorts: Madewell (found these for a STEAL originally $80, on sale for $15)

Gold flipflops: Marshalls (bought at the start of summer)

And all the jewerly was already in my collection
Bracelets: Alex and Ani
Rings: Nordstrom 
Necklace: Stella and Dot


 I love the scalloped detail on these shorts and how the gold flip flops tie everything together!

                              

So if you're stuck in a style rut find a picture you love and create an outfit off of it!


No comments:

Post a Comment